Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dating vs courtship - what's the difference?

I wonder what the differences between dating and courtship are? I saw an episode of the World's strictest parents and the daughter in the house said that she wouldn't date, as dating is the reason why so many people divorces. But courtship was ok. Perhaps courtship is the same as dating without the physical part?

In another program, I heard a girl explaining why she want's to stay pure until married - and she used the image of an apple. If you give yourself to first one guy - and she ate a bite of the apple, then to another one - and she ate another bite - and in the end, it is only the apple's carcass left. That was a good image of how it is. I really enjoy knowing that my husband and I hasn't been intimate with anyone but each other. I don't need to think about how my performance is, he doesn't compare me to anyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buy this book:
Christian Courtship in an Oversexed World

dating - is just having fun
courtship - goal is finding suitable spouse for marriage