Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hooray!! (and many thanks to the Lord!)

Yesterday, I finally (after 9 months of TTC*) got to see two purple stripes at my pregnancy test!! :->

As you can see on the pregnancy widget (right) there's a tiny new person (a true miracle! :)) developing inside me! I think it's at the size of a poppy seed... not very large ;) But it's wonderful to think about how this development goes on without me controlling it in any way!

It's at it's early beginning, I just tested positive yesterday, and haven't informed all of my friends and family yet! But as I'm anonymous here, I thought this was a good place to "talk" about this joy, miracle, etc! In fact, I've tested so many negative tests, that I still have some trouble believing that it is true... I think I should get some more home tests and test to be certain. I'm going to see my doctor next week. I need to stop my medication too (anti-depressives), as this particular medicine isn't approved for pregnancy. I'll try going without any medications, but should I need some, I'll take some that are approved.

I know that the chances for loosing the baby is higher in the first trimester, so I'm trying to keep somewhat calm. But should I loose it, I need somewhere to get my feelings and thoughts out of my system, and I've found that a blog is a very useful thing!


*I know that 9 months isn't considered as a very long time for trying to conceive... in fact most healthy couples may need as much as a year... and I have PCOS in addition - making my chances lower... but I'm a very impatient person... so for me 9 months is a long time... But believe me, I understand those of you who've tried for years, and think that I've been complaining over nothing!! Because I really have!

No comments: